The following printable information may be of interest:
>> Terms and conditions for using the barns (pdf) which summarises the points below
>> Information for contractors (pdf) which gives Terms and conditions for outside businesses using our premises. Anyone hiring our barns who uses another business must make sure they give them this sheet. We also need to know who these businesses are, especially if they are not on our Contact list
>> Barn arrivals sheet (pdf) which gives arrangements for
arrival, visit and departure
Conditions apply for using the barns:
- Fire safety: Barn users are responsible for fire safety and must abide by displayed fire equipment instructions. Woodburners and the firewok must be used with care, with moderate amounts of wood and no objects such as clothing placed close to them. No flares or fireworks to be brought on site. Extra catering equipment only by arrangement. Children must be kept away from fires, with the fire guards supplied for the woodburners put in place. All wood for fires must be purchased from us. Outside fires on steel firepits at least 6 m from barns.
- Child safety: There is rough ground neaar the barns, especially our past the bifold doors with steep drops that are unsuitable for very small children (though great for older ones!). There is also of course a lake nearby so please look after young children carefully. Fireguards are available for both woodburners, be careful with other fires.
- Outside contractors must be approved by us: if they are not on our list please advise us who you are using and give them our Terms and conditions for contractors.
- Check-in and check out: The barn fields are available from midday on the first day of your booking. Check-in at the barns is 2.00 pm on the first day of a booking, on condition that we may continue to have access until 4.00 pm for cleaning or maintenance. Departure is 11.00 am of last day of a booking, with a charge of £50 if this is delayed one hour, £100 for 1 - 2 hours, and if check-out is later than 1.00 pm then an extra days charge (£250) will apply. With only 3 hours between check out time and a new barn arrival we have to be firm on these times: barn maintenance and cleaning must take place in these intervals and this is not posible with customers still in the barns. Many people arrange in advance to have the barns for an extra day so they can have a relaxed clean up and departure. To help with this we do offer any extra day at a very reduced rate of £250 and we strongly advise customers to take advantage of this. Similarly an extra day beforehand allows you to start organising an event first thing on the Friday morning. Advanced notice for these extra days is essential.
- No publicly advertised parties or events
are allowed in the barns, they are for private functions only.
- No nails, staples or other sharp objects are to be used in any beams, ceilings or walls, anywhere: if we find any such, you will forfeit your bond. Hooks are already in place for your decorations in every place you could possibly need them: at the centre of each stone pillar and under each beam, in both Function barn and the Camping barn.
- No vehicles in the barn fields are permitted (except occasionally we can allow this when it has been dry for many days and the ground is hard, in which case you will be advised on check in). There is parking in barn yard and around the barns for about 30 cars, 40 if parking is careful. Other options are parking on the campsite drive and car park. Please do what you can to minimise parking required.
- No excessive noise or disturbance for the public campsite. Only acoustic music is allowed outside and only during the day. Sound systems in the barns must be barely audible on the campsite after 11.00 pm and not audible after midnight. Sound levels depend on weather and will be monitored by campsite wardens who must be respected if they ask for lower noise levels - in fact this does not happen very often, (not once in 2012), but we must have it turned down if we ask.
- Barn users should not roam over the camping fields but are welcome on the beach.
- No dogs are allowed in the barns and dogs outside must be kept on a leash at all times.
- The maximum number of people at any function is 300.
- Our electricity supply is limited, so no extra heaters or catering equipment without prior approval.
- If outside contractors are planned for catering, entertainment, bars, or tents which are not listed on our Contact list then you must advise us in advance and seek our prior approval. All such contractors must be briefed by us on safety and operational issues.
- Security during your stay is your own responsibility. Keys to outside doors are supplied on request.
- Clean up: The barns are not serviced accommodation so you must leave them and the fields in tidy condition with rubbish in the bins, and glass, cans, paper and plastic separated for recycling.
- A refundable bond of £200 for the entire complex (£100 camping barn only) is required in advance. This will be withheld if any of the conditions above are not respected.
Event license: you need a license from Gwynedd Council if you are selling alcohol or hot food and we are advised a consent notice should be given to the Council and the Police at least 10 working days prior to the actual event. Use this link: http://www.gwynedd.gov.uk/gwy_doc.asp?cat=4866&doc=16871. to find out more or even better phone Gwenda at Gwynedd Council on (01758) 704 000, she is very helpful.
Payment and arrival:
- A deposit is due with the completed barn booking form (£500 for the entire complex, £250 for just the Camping and Bunk barn)*.
- The visit balance plus bond (£200 for the entire complex, £100 for just the Camping and bunk barn) is due 4 weeks prior to arrival, based on estimated numbers.
- On arrival go to the campsite reception, a key will be provided if requested.
- On leaving please advise reception and return key if you have it.
- Bond will be refunded with final reconciliation usually 10 days after departure,.
- A payphone is in the camping barn. Groups staying a week or more can have a non-payphone installed in which case they pay actual charges + 50%, which is cheaper than payphone rates. Phone charges are then invoiced and the bond refunded when payment of this invoice is made.
See our Payments page for BACS payment details or Paypal connection.
Return to top of page